StartupPHL is a forward thinking initiative inspired by and rooted in Philadelphia’s innovative history and spirit. A collaborative effort between the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Commerce and PIDC, StartupPHL aims to support entrepreneurs in the City who bring energy, ideas and vitality to Philadelphia as well as further enable the existing entrepreneurial talent that resides in the City’s different neighborhoods to flourish.
- Be the Gateway to Philly Tech: There is a lot of innovation happening in Philadelphia! Where do you start? Startupphl.com connects you to the many people, places and events related to the startup scene in our City. We are your launching pad to learning about and becoming a part of the amazing tech and entrepreneurial community in Philadelphia.
- Provide Funding: StartupPHL Funds was created as a response to the community’s feedback that the City lacked seed-stage capital. For more information and how to apply visit startupphlfunds.com.
- Provide Access: StartupPHL Call for Ideas serves to provide access to technology and entrepreneurial training to all neighborhoods in Philadelphia. Call for Ideas is a grant program providing small grants to organizations promoting entrepreneurship throughout the City.
- Comcast NBCUniversal, headquartered in Philadelphia, brings together the best in media and technology.
- EveryBlock, the leading Web site for neighborhood discussions and block-level news.
- Technical.ly, grows local technology communities by connecting organizations and people through news, events and services.
- Philly Startup Leaders, the largest and most active community of tech entrepreneurs in the Philadelphia region.
More About Us
The City of Philadelphia Department of Commerce works to make Philadelphia a globally competitive city to which employers flock, entrepreneurs thrive and innovation abounds; to recruit and retain a diverse set of businesses; to foster economic opportunities for all Philadelphians in all neighborhoods; and to partner with workforce development programs and local businesses on talent development ensuring that all Philadelphians can find and retain living-wage jobs.
The Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) helps businesses grow. We leverage public and private funding to attract development and create jobs in all of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods. PIDC is a non-profit partnership between the City of Philadelphia and the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce. Since 1958, we have provided $10 billion in financing to businesses of all sizes and non-profit organizations of every description, attracting or retaining hundreds of thousands of jobs in the process.